- 5,444 Patron Visits
- 1,407 (724 adult) Computer Users
- 3,561 Materials in Circulation
- 405 Interlibrary Loan Transactions (314 requests for HPL patrons/91 loans to other NH libraries)
- 11,611 Total Volumes (168 items added/44 discarded)
- 23 Licensed Databases (NHSL provides access through NHewLINK)
- 698 Resident Cardholders
- 3,176 Website Visits (Check out www.hillpubliclibrary.com or find us on Facebook for current news and information!)
In May of 2012, the library was pleased to announce its membership with the NH Downloadable Books Consortium. Residents are now able to borrow eBooks and audio Books through the library, from the comfort of home. For the convenience of our patrons, the library hours were changed. New hours for Wednesday through Friday are 10am~6pm.
- Book Club-discussions held on the third Thursday evening of each month
- Knitting & Craft Group-meetings held weekly on Thursdays
- Preschool Story Time-Read-aloud and craft offered every Thursday morning
- 2012 Summer Reading Program-“Dream Big: READ!”: During the six-week program 155 children and family members enjoyed activities that were offered three days a week. Special events included:
Magic show performed by Peter Boie
Live animal presentation by The WILD Center of New England
Planetarium presentation by the Boston Museum of Science
Evening BBQ & folk dance with Amy Conley (Thank you Friends of HPL!)
Program participants logged a total of 2,175 minutes of reading!
Top readers for the summer: Kylee Stevenson; Bodhi Smith; Juli Cote; Samantha Cote
Miscellaneous programming for children and adults included:
- Movie Matinees & craft programs offered during summer and school vacations
- “Visiting the Beyond”-A paranormal program by Curt Strutz
- “The Science Magic Show” by Steve Lechner
- Live animal presentations by The WILD Center of New England
- Outdoor summer concert performance by Don Watson
These programs were made possible through the support of the Friends of Hill Public Library.
FRIENDS OF THE HILL PUBLIC LIBRARY
- During National Library Week the organization held its annual Baby Book Dedication, in honor of the town’s 4 newest residents. 2012 marked the 20th anniversary of this special occasion!
- Provided assistance and support for programming throughout the year
- Sponsored the Caroline B. Robie Memorial Book of the Month project
- Held its annual membership appeal and miscellaneous fundraisers
If you haven’t visited the Hill Public Library lately, stop in and check us out!
Lynn Christopher, Director
Library Board of Trustees
Julie Hunter, Chair
Kathleen Landry, Secretary