E-Books & Audio Books
Downloadable E-Books And Audio Books
Hill Public Library provides a service to the community, offering an invaluable reading and learning resource to users of all ages. E-book and audio books are free when using your library card. You will have access to hundreds of fiction and non-fiction titles that you can download. To borrow downloadable books from this service you will need access to the internet.
- Kindle Books
- Adobe EPUB eBooks
- OverDrive WMA Audiobooks
- OverDrive MP3 Audiobooks
How To Use
- Amazon Kindle users will need an account with Amazon.com.
- Other users will need to download and install the free Adobe Digital Editionssoftware.
- All users will need to download and install the free OverDrive Media Consolesoftware.
This program allows you to bring your local library into your home anytime! To start, contact HPL for your library card number and check out the Quick Start Guide. We also suggest reading this NH Downloadable Books Blog post before you get started.
New to downloadable media? Using this service is easy! To help you get started, please take a guided tour. In just a few minutes, you can learn how to browse, check out, and download the titles available at this site! Click on the button below.
- Getting Started with eBooks
- Device Compatability List (Find out what computers and devices work with different kinds of eBooks and downloadable audiobooks.)
- New! Special Instructions for Amazon Kindle Users (pdf)
- Here’s an updated link for borrowing Nook Periodicals
For more information and the latest help tips, please visit the NH Downloadable Books Blog or contact the library at 934-9712. We’re always happy to help!
The New Hampshire Downloadable Book program is made possible by a grant from The Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Library Services and Technology Act administered by the New Hampshire State Librarian. The Hill Public Library pays a yearly fee to be able to offer this service to our patrons for free.