Just by signing in with your library card at http://nh.lib.overdrive.com you will have access to hundreds of fiction and non-fiction titles that you can download for free!
- Kindle Books
- Adobe EPUB eBooks
- OverDrive WMA Audiobooks
- OverDrive MP3 Audiobooks
To borrow downloadable books from this service you will need:
- a Hill Public Library card (number)
- access to the Internet
You and your desktop, laptop, or tablet may also need:
- Amazon Kindle users will need an account with Amazon.com.
- Other users will need to download and install the free Adobe Digital Editions software.
- All users will need to download and install the free OverDrive Media Console software.
This program allows you to bring your local library into your home anytime! To start, contact HPL for your library card number and check out the Quick Start Guide. We also suggest reading this NH Downloadable Books Blog post before you get started.
New to downloadable media? Using this service is easy! To help you get started, please take a guided tour. In just a few minutes, you can learn how to browse, check out, and download the titles available at this site! Click on the image below.
- Device Compatability List (Find out what computers and devices work with different kinds of eBooks and downloadable audiobooks.)
- New! Special Instructions for Amazon Kindle Users (pdf)
For more information and the latest help tips, please visit the NH Downloadable Books Blog or contact the library at 934-9712. We’re always happy to help!
The New Hampshire Downloadable Book program is made possible by a grant from The Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Library Services and Technology Act administered by the New Hampshire State Librarian. The Hill Public Library pays a yearly fee to be able to offer this service to our patrons for free.